Tuesday, 28 August 2012

Keep Calm posters

In the last few years you certainly have seen those Keep Calm and Carry On posters (and all their variations, parodies etc.) more or less everywhere. I've done a couple of them as well, inspired by some of my favourite comics and movies:


I did this one at a certain point during last winter, while I was reading several 2000 AD publications, so I decided to do something about Judge Dredd; I put on the poster his badge and an one of his typical sentences when he's going to arrest some perp in the shallows of Mega City One.

The second one is this:


In this case the source is the ballad A gringo like me, sung by Peter Tevis and composed by Ennio Morricone at the beginning of his career for the Italian movie Duello nel Texas (English title Gunfight at Red Sands, 1963), one of the first spaghetti westerns. Actually the movie was a pre-Leone western, so it shouldn't be considered a proper "western all'italiana" with all the typical features (black humour etc.); however I've seen that this main theme is quite popular - even more outside Italy, apparently because it was used in other movies such as Hot Rod in 2007 - so I hope you like this western-ish poster.

If you don't know it this is the original song (and the lyrics):

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...